Tuesday, May 3, 2011

No more "More"

Its as if I am a jar. Clear on the outside, letting light shine through. The lid is on tight. So tight as to not let any of the contents out as well as not let any foreign materials in. My outsides are rigid yet fragile. Raised decoration on the outside exists only to appear not plain or uninteresting. Not long ago my lid repeatedly lifted in an effort for me to fill my life. I would fill it with more. More of what i perceived valuable to me. Praise, recognition, achievement, success, euphoria, money, pleasure, validation, spirituality and on and on. An ever flowing stream of externals is what i sought. A little would feel good and if that be the case than more must feel even better. More money, more sex, more friends, more facebook (wink) more meaning of who I am and where I came from, even where I was going. Tonight i stumbled on this truth in my life. The opposite of "more" is "enough". From the earliest of memories i must have been taught the more equaled better. As I rest in the peace of "enough" i am able to see what has always been the truth. I am enough. Every moment we have is exactly enough. The very existence of our being and the ability to involuntarily breathe in and out as we sleep is enough. What awe it is to experience a glorious sun rising in the east or soak in the warmth of a child's hug. Free from the necessity of more. My story was complete the second i was created by his will, and it was enough. No need for anything to be added or taken away. I, you, we are enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment